Monday, September 30, 2013

It Comes to an End.

September is over. Today is the 30th which means that comes midnight, October will be upon us. This is not all that amazing. It happens month after month, year after year. But for some reason, September coming to a close today struck me as, I don't know, different, amazing...I can't find the word to describe how it struck me. I just can't believe that today is the last day of September But here it is.

Time marches on. We can't stop the progression of time. We might want to stay in a moment, but unlike what Captain Picard of Star Trek fame did in one of the movies, you can't slow time or stop time. This moment is gone in a moment. Very philosophical yet very practical.

Did you make the most of September? Did you do all the things that you wanted to do? Did you take advantage of the daily opportunities that were presented to you? Or did you let them slip away? Are you at the end of the month, wishing you had the month back because there were too many things that you didn't get done.?

But let's change that a moment. Instead of looking back with regret over something that we can't change, no matter how much we want to, why not look forward to the new month with a renewed sense of living. we have a 31 day month before us. Let's make the most of this coming month. Spend some time with family. take a few moments each day with those you love. Talk to them on the phone (remember the phone? It is what we used for  communication before texts, tweets and email.). Sit down with them and see how they are doing. Go outside for a few moments and enjoy the fall-like conditions, the changing leaves, the crisp air, the smell of fall. Take time to worship your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Listen to His voice as He speaks to you from His Word. Let that Word surround your days. Spend an extra 2 minutes a day in prayer - talking with your Father about all that is in your life. Walk daily with Him, as you walk daily with one another.

I look forward to October. September was a great month (I turned 52 this last month). But I look to October to be an even better month. In case you don't know, I look back on each month with joy, and look forward to the new month with expectation. I know that God has great plans for me and my life. I pray that my sinful nature will not stand in the way of God's will for my life. I pray also for you, that you will also follow your Lord this month, that you will be filled be true joy that comes from a relationship with Him, that your days will be filled with a sense of wonder at the hand of God leading you as you go to work or school, as you drive down the road, as you sit in your house, as you lounge in your chair or on your couch and as you share His love with those around you.

October is going to be amazing. Do I have big plans? No. But God does!

No comments:

Post a Comment