Thursday, August 21, 2014

It has been a while since posting

Yes it has been a while. Why? I haven't sat down and blogged. During June, July and early August, I enjoyed sitting on the front porch for devotions and reading. Now that school is back in session, I don't have the mornings free to sit and read like I was. While sitting on the porch, the computer sat on the table, looking forlorn. Poor thing. When I finally came in, I didn't feel like blogging.

I also have the new page on the Church website, www.saintpaulstroy.org which I need to keep up-to-date weekly which makes me think about what to write there. What I write on the church page will be different from my blog. 

Any thoughts to share. Yes. I enjoyed Hawaii. I loved the views, the weather, the food, the ocean, the ship, the sights and sounds, the traveling, the wonder of creation. Penny and I celebrated 30 years of wedded bliss with a trip to the islands and a cruise around the islands. 10 days and nearly 2000 pictures later, we came home to reality. Loved it. Might say more later.

Summer was amazingly short. Summer is always wonderful. Time on the front porch to enjoy the nature God has given us. Warm weather. Sunshine. Early sunrises, late sunsets. All of that makes for a wonder of life. I sit and watch the birds, the bees, the butterflies and the flowers and amazed. God really did a great job with creation. 

 I guess today I am thinking more about God's creation. He made all this in just 6 days! Just because He wanted to make it. And then He made man and woman to be in a relationship with Him. When Adam and Eve sinned, He still loved them and wanted to be in a relationship with them. So He promised them a Savior, which just happened to be His only-begotten Son! Suffering and dying on the cross, the Son of God won salvation for all mankind. What a wonder it really is! 

In the end, all I can say is thank you God! Thank You for Your love. Thank You for forgiveness. Thank You for salvation. Thank You for creation. Thank You for life. Thank You God.

No comments:

Post a Comment