Thursday, March 16, 2017

Ramblings on a cold morning.

What are you thankful for today? It is cold, so I am thankful for heat. And for sweaters and hot tea. It is morning. So I am thankful that I was able to get up this morning, even it was earlier than I planned because of a chocolate lab wanting to get the other two dogs up to go outside because she didn't want to go out by herself. I grumbled. I growled. And then I was thankful for the quiet time, the time for prayer, the time to be strengthened by by Lord. So I see that I can even be thankful for chocolate lab that wants to get me up early.

I am thankful for the sunrise, the colors, the clouds, the reds, purples and oranges that glow with the handiwork of the Lord. I can see the colors. What a blessing! I am thankful that I am able to see yet another day.

Why am I thinking about all this? I don't know. It just is part of my ramblings on this Thursday morning. I was thinking about how the Lord is with me each day, no matter what takes place. He is there in the good time and in the bad times. He is there when decisions are easy and when they are hard. He is there when the health is good and when it is less than what I would like it to be. He is my Lord and my God at all times.

I am reminded of that daily. And I want to share that thought each day. I know that there are some who are struggling, having challenges in life that seem to be insurmountable. From their perspective, they are huge mountains to climb and they have no road to reach the top. I pray for them. I know that there are those who are facing health issues much greater than mine, and I pray for them. The little discomfort I face is truly nothing compared to the pain and weakness some face each day. I learn yet again that there is no reason for me to complain. This too shall pass and if it doesn't, then I have the Lord to lean upon, the One who will carry me through each moment of each day. Penny hears me when I grumble and I am thankful for her listening ear. I am also thankful that she reminds me that the Lord will see us through whatever we face. (Just so you don't read too much into this, there is no new diagnosis. There is no further things going on. I am just reflecting and rambling.)

I listen in awe of the Word of God that tells me, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in him,'" (Lamentations 3:22-24 ESV) Like the sunrise that is new every morning, so is the love of the Lord. His mercy is always with me. I rejoice in the wonder of the day that He has given to me.

And that is why I am thankful. That is why I am rambling about the wonder of life as I have been given it. I serve as shepherd to the Lord's sheep. I am given the opportunity to share the love of the Lord with many people. The love I share is the love that has been given me. I am learning anew what it means "my cup runneth over." The Lord fills my cup with His love and as it overflows, I am sharing that with others.

So yes, I am thankful. Boy am I thankful for this cup of hot tea and the warm sweater. But more than that, I am thankful for the Lord's love in my life.

1 comment:

  1. The Lord is Good 😊
    Sometimes it is hard to realize that through life's curve balls! Thank You 😊 for Sharing your over flowing love ❤️ and grace that the Lord has given you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete