Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Thankful

O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good, and His mercy endures forever.

What do I give thanks for this year? There are so many things that the Lord has blessed me with. Today, I will list many of the things I give thanks for:

Faith - a gift from God
Forgiveness - given each day
Peace - as I know Jesus as my Savior
Hope - springs eternal
Love - deep, love from the heart of God
Family - a gift
Penny - my dear wife of 35 years, who has been a part of my life for 40 years!
Rachael - my beautiful daughter
Matthew - my wonderful son
Brandon - my special son-in-law who I call my son
Chelsey - my dear daughter-in-law who is daughter
Zeb and Wrigley - my two dogs that bless me every day
This house - in Clarinda, a dream that Penny and I never thought would ever happen
St. John Lutheran Church, Clarinda, IA - the family the Lord has brought me serve
The congregations I have served throughout these past 32 years.
My extended family
My brothers and sisters
My parents
Penny's mom, Shirley
The family who are in heaven - Mom, Pop, Norm, Chuck, Cecil, and many more
Cameras
Food, especially food
Clothes, cars and other items
Glasses - which help me see
Doctors and nurses
Medicine
Pain free days
Sunshine
Clouds
Snow
Hot tea
Trains
Birds, deer and other wild life.
And the list could go on and on.

Why do I say this? Because tomorrow is Thanksgiving and it is time to pause and give thanks to God for the many blessings of life. They are so many that I cannot list them all. Over and over again I find more to be thankful for in my life.

Thank You Lord for the life You have given me. Thank You for Your love. Thank You that I am able to share that love with Penny. Thank You Lord.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment