Monday, March 1, 2010

Winter

Boy do I wish that winter was over. I am getting so tired of the cold. After spending a few days down in Phoenix, AZ last week, when it was nice enough to sit by the pool and soak up the sun and eat dinner (Thursday), lunch (Friday) and breakfast (Saturday) outside, it was difficult to come back to the cold. Brrrrrrr. As I sit here typing tonight, my feet are cold. I wish they would warm up. They will, after I get to bed.

It is March now. The average high is supposed to be in the 50's. It only got up into the upper 30's today. My sweaters are ready to take a break till next winter. My ties are ready to come out. And I am ready to go outside and begin walking. Unlike some of my members, I don't like walking in the cold. I long to sit out on my front porch in the morning and read my devotions and talk to the Lord.

I hear the birds starting to sing. I see the sun coming up earlier and setting later. And it tells me that spring is on the way. The temperature tells me that winter doesn't want to let go. I cry out, "It is time for warmth, for spring, for flowers and green grass?" And the weather remains cold.

I realize that I am not in charge. Who is? The Lord. So Lord, I wait for You to bring warmth to my life. I wait for spring to come. Much like I wait for You to return. I long for spring like I long for the walk in heaven. When will it come? I know spring is coming. I also know that the Lord is going to come again. I am ready for both. I am ready for spring. I am ready for Him to return. Come, Lord Jesus, come.

No comments:

Post a Comment