Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year

I wonder, what does this New Year hold for me? Will there be sorrow and loss? Will there be joy and gain? Will my health be good? Will I have another heart episode like the last 2 years? Will things continue to grow at St. Paul's? So many questions when I start a new year. And to begin 2016 is no different.

I do know that after today, this 1st day of January 2016, I will begin to forget about looking forward and asking what will take place. I will begin to live each day to the glory of God. I also know that I will fail miserably in serving the Lord. I will at times look out for myself and not for the good of others. Then again, I will also have times in which the love of Christ will flow through me to others in ways that I cannot even comprehend.

That is the joy of living as  Child of God. He is in me each day. He is with me in all that I do. He forgives me for all the times I sin. He continues to love me even when I don't love Him. He has shown me that in sending His only-begotten Son into this world to be my Savior. On this 8th day, Jesus is circumcised according to the Law. He is born under the Law for me to redeem me, one who is condemned by the Law. He keeps the Law perfectly for me, even as an infant. And that is complete joy for my life.

I would like to take time to look back on 2015 but this morning is not the time. Instead, I will do that another day. Today I thank God for my life. I thank Him for the love He gives me. I rejoice for my family who is an important part of my life. I give thanks that Penny and I have such a strong marriage. I am thankful for Rachael and Brandon who live close. I pray that Matthew will get a job close to us when he graduates in May. I pray that my mother-in-laws health continues to be good. I enjoy having two dogs, Zeb and Wrigley, a chicken named Henrietta and two turtles, Titan and Houdini. All of that is a gift to me from my good Lord.

In 2016, I pray for my family, my friends, my congregation and my community. I pray that I am able to continue to faithfully serve the Lord with all my hearth and life. And in the end, I pray, "Come, Lord Jesus. Come quickly."

No comments:

Post a Comment