Thursday, January 12, 2017

When You Are Thinking

This morning I sit and think. Lord, what are You saying to me? I am seeking the guidance of the Lord. There are a variety of events in a variety of situations that cause me to sit and wonder. Ask the Lord and He will give you and answer. But what if you are not sure of the question? Or perhaps you don't want to hear the answer to the question that you are asking?

Living in faith is a challenge. It isn't always so hard and fast, so concrete. There are times that you really don't receive an answer to the prayer that you are raising to heaven. Then there are times when the answer is not what you are really wanting. Or maybe the answer is that it isn't the time for you to receive an answer? How do you handle such a moment? Do you whine and complain? Do you struggle? Do you accept? Do you sing praise in the midst of the ice storm that steals your power, your heat, your ability to get around? Do you sing the praise of the Lord when you are in a hospital bed and the doctor tells you that you need another test because the last one was inconclusive and they still don't know why your body is failing?

The answer to these questions? That is found in your life of faith. When everything is falling apart around you, where do you turn? Food? TV? The Internet? A person? Sex? Drugs? Alcohol? Shopping? Anger? The Lord? Let me tell you this, there is only one in that list that can actually lift you up, give you guidance, assurance, peace, and a future. That One is Jesus Christ.

The answer to all questions are found in Him. Really? The answer to the question, "Why am I still hurting?" is found in Jesus? Of course. The answer to, "Why is there not enough in the finances to go forward?" is found in Him? Yep. What is that answer?

I can't tell you that. I am not privy to the will and direction of the Lord. I have to wonder as much as you do, perhaps more in some instances. But I do know this, Jesus is the Lord of all. He is the answer to all my questions. I may not be given the answer at the moment I want it, but He is still the answer. I may not understand the direction things at the moment, but I do know that He does. Will He tell me? Maybe, maybe not.

So in the end, I find that I am challenged to live my life in faith, trusting the Lord in all things. The Lord says, "Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at the great horde, for the battle is not yours but God's." (2 Chronicles 20:15) That is hard to believe. The horde is against me. I see them. I do not see You Lord. How can I know that Your Word is true. Then I look. I see. The most amazing thing of all. Nail marks. There, in the holes in His hands, I see the answer.

And I pray, "Lord, give me the faith to trust in You. I know that You will give guidance. I don't know what that will be or where it will come from but I do know I can trust in You. Lord, I believe. Help me in my unbelief. Amen."

So I go about my day now. Is the horde still there? Yep. But I am certain. The One who is in me is greater than all those that are against me. Forth in His name I go.

2 comments: