Monday, June 8, 2020

Kneeling before the Great Golden Idol

Will you kneel? That is the new way to show that you are in solidarity with those who are talking about systemic racism. You must kneel to show what you are in agreement that systemic racism is a problem that needs to be fixed. We watch as protesters kneel in the streets. We watch as police kneel before the crowds of people who stand ready to attack them if they do not kneel. We watch as leaders in cities kneel at the demand of the mobs of people. We watch as leaders in our nation's capital kneel in order to show that they support those who are making the demands.

I have several questions. I know that as I write this I will be told that I am part of the problem. I have shown systemic racism by even asking the question. First, what the heck is this systemic racism? Does it mean that just because of my skin color I am guilty of be a racist and need to repent of this sin? Wait a moment, isn't that a racist thing to say? If I am being judged by my skin color, are you not doing the very thing that you claim is being done to you? When I hear "white privilege," I hear that I am being judged by my skin color. Just because I am white, you assume that I am part of the problem? Is not that racist?

You see the problem with trying to make these grand and glorious statements is that the ones making the statements become just as guilty as those they are trying to condemn. I am condemned because I am white. Is that any different than being condemned because you are black? But you can never know what it is like to be black, it is said. Why? Because you have a different skin color. Wait, is not that a statement based not upon reality but upon skin color? You don't know what it is like to be white. Wait, you will say, that is a racist statement. Wrong for me, right for you? Something is wrong with that thinking.

The reality is, one person cannot know what it is like to be the other person. The situation of life, the emotions of the person and so much more go into making that person. It is like saying you know what someone is going through when they are grieving. You really don't. You can have a feeling of what grief is like for you, but you can't know what it is like for the other person.

But this is systemic racism. What is systemic racism? It is a great phrase but what is meant by it. Each one that says it means something else. It changes and morphs with each passes person and day. It is the buzzword of the day. And if you want to stop the other person from talking about what is going on, you just tell them, "You are just showing that you are part of this systemic racism." And bingo, you have won the argument because there is nothing that the other person can say in response to it. Everything said after that is just showing that great sin, systemic racism.

It is like "intolerant" from a year or two ago. The big thing in discussion was that if you wanted to get the upper hand on the other person, you just had to accuse them of being "intolerant." The moment that happened, all discussion ended because nothing the other person said could be accepted because they were intolerant. Anything that went against what you said or did, was considered intolerant. Don't agree with a person's sexual perversion, you are intolerant. Don't like what the other person said about religion, you are intolerant. Don't like how a person is living, you are intolerant. Bingo - conversation is over. You just won. And (I am going to make a sweeping statement here that will probably be because I am intolerant and filled with systemic racism) the first person to make that claim tended to be the one that was on the liberal side, wanting to change culture, beliefs or actions. In most discussions, it is not the conservative person who made that claim against the other person. I say this because as a conservative, I do my best not to cause the other person offense. I do my best not say things that are offensive or use the "buzz word" that will set a person off. And yet, I am the intolerant one because I don't agree with the other person.

Anyway, I have been rambling. Sorry about that. But you should know that I ramble when I blog.

I will not kneel. I just put that out there. I will not be forced into kneeling before the god of this world at this time. Those who are calling for people to kneel, are generally saying to the white person, you need to kneel as a way to show that you are sorry for all the racism that you have caused and allowed to go on in our society. Those who kneel are saying that they agree with the mob that is saying, the real sin here is that you are white. As a white person, you are guilty of all the sins of the generations that have come before and you are guilty of all the white sins of this generation and you will be guilty of all the white sins of the future generations. It has become the original sin, the sin of the nation. Whiteness is a sin, a terrible sin of which you must repent and accept that by being white, you are the reason for systemic racism (I had to get that phrase back in here).

Therefore, kneel you sinner! Kneel before the protesters. Kneel before society. Kneel before those who demand that you repent of your sin of whiteness and systemic racism. And if you do not kneel before us, then you are going to be branded as a threat to society and part of the problem.

I will not kneel before this demand. I will kneel before God and confess my sins to Him. Is my sin being white? No. No more than it is a sin to be black or brown or yellow or red or green or blue or whatever color someone's skin might be. I am sinner before God and will kneel before Him alone. I will not listen to any government or people who demand me to kneel before them to show that I accept what they say. I will not kneel before Pres. Trump, before Black Live Matter, before an angry mob or a peaceful mob, before another person. I kneel only before God. And I confess to Him my sins. Is it systemic racism? No. Why? Because no one really knows what that means. How do you confess a sin that no one knows what it really is? Do I confess that I have thought or said racial things? Yes. I am wrong for that. I sinned. Forgive me God. I would defy anyone, any single person, no matter what culture or ethnic background, to say that they have never said, done or thought some racist thing. The only One to never have a racist thought or action was Jesus Christ.

Am I guilty of slavery that was in the US? No. Am I guilty of keeping people down because of their skin color? No. Am I guilty of what took place in the unrest of the Civil Rights era? No. Am I guilty for all the sins that have been committed by people of any race in the US? No. To kneel, says I am. I refuse.

I know that in today's climate, this is not popular. I watch politicians wearing scarfs from a different culture while making statements about racial issues and I think, how sad. You are not part of that culture. To wear that scarf is placating a different culture and not supporting them. It looks forced. And yes, as a judgmental statement on my part, looks like that politicians is actually talking down to that culture because he/she has no desire to be a part of that culture. It must is a great photo op. And the same ones judge Pres. Trump for standing in front of a church with a Bible as a photo op. Why is one right and the other wrong?

Back to where I began? Will you kneel? I will not, not to the current god of this moment, this movement. It is a false god.

No comments:

Post a Comment