Monday, April 30, 2012

Passwords

I just hate passwords. I know that they are necessary because there are evil and sick people out there that will do their best (or worst) to reek havoc on just about any account that they can gain access to, but passwords are a pain. You have to have this password for one thing but you better not use the same password for another account because if one gets compromised then they could have access to all your accounts. And then you need to include letters and numbers and symbols in the password to make it harder for someone to hack into your account.

Why would someone hack an account? To gain information? To get access to financial gain? To be a pain in the neck? All of the above? I have often wondered why someone would want to spend their time doing those terrible things to other people. Does it give them joy? Does it give a sense of power? Or is it because they are just plain evil and want to hurt people and cause them all sorts of problems?

I guess we will never know because most hackers don't get caught. Why am I writing about passwords? Not because I was hacked, thankfully! It is because I have such a hard time remembering them. I was going to blog about the weather this morning - the rain, the lightning, the hail - but then I couldn't get onto my account because (you guessed it) I couldn't remember my password. I thought I did. But nope, not going to let you on. So I had to go through the whole routine of resetting the password, etc. Now I have to remember a whole new word that will give me access to this place. How frustrating.

And it is all because of sin, sinful nature, the fall of mankind, that which separates us from our heavenly Father. Thankfully, we do not need a password to sign onto our communication with our Father. Well, that isn't true, is it? We do need a password. His name is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Savior of the world. We need to know Jesus as our Savior, or have the Holy Spirit working in our hearts to bring us to Jesus as our Savior, and then we have the password that we need to approach our heavenly Father as dear children.

Not everyone knows this password either! Believe it or not the name of Jesus is not a joyous name in all households. In many houses it is a name used in anger and frustration but never in prayer! It is a name that is taken and abused over and over again without any thought that it is the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth. That is why we are to be about the sharing of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So others will have this special password of hope, life and eternity.

JESUS! The ultimate password for life, love and strength. Don't hide this password. Put it out there for everyone to know. They need to get online with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment