Monday, April 22, 2013

Glorifying God

"In my life, Lord, be glorified, be glorified, in my life, Lord, be glorified today..." I woke up with that song running through my head. I wake up every morning with a song in my head. This morning, I was praising God and asking that my life would glorify Him today.

Have you thought about what that means? It is a simply little song with some really deep meaning. Lord, today, in what I say and do, may You be glorified. May Your name be lifted up! May others see You and Your grace and be filled with praise. It brings to mind the Sermon on the Mount. As Jesus preached (and he must have been an amazing preacher because they all said, "WOW!" when He preached), He said, "In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16 ESV) Let your light shine, live your life, so that the Lord is glorified!

How do you do that? Living your faith. People watch you, as a Christian. They wonder how you act, what you say, and what you do. They look at you and ask themselves, "Does it make a difference, being a Christian? Does it change a person's life?" They watch and wonder. Does your life glorify God? Does your talk glorify God? Or is it no different from those who are not Christian?

Being a Christian is to be called out from the world, called out to be different. How? You are called out to be a child of God. You are to live not for yourself but for the Lord. All that you say and do is to glorify Him. Do you help the poor? That is great. But so do the non-Christians. When you help the poor, is it for your glory or for the glory of God? Do you help someone because Christ has helped you and you wish to reflect His glory? Or is it to "pay it forward" because that is the thing to do in the world today? In the end, are you different because of your faith in Christ? Or do you try to blend into the world, not allowing your faith to be the guiding and changing factor?

In my life, Lord, be glorified! May my words glorify You, Lord. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, glorify You Lord. May all that I do, say and think, bring glory to You. I pray that nothing I say or do today, will cause someone to think less of You, to turn from You, to question why they would even consider following You in their life.

In my words, Lord, be glorified, be glorified. In my words, Lord, be glorified today. In my acts Lord, be glorified, be glorified, in my acts, Lord, be glorified today. In my work, Lord, be glorified, be glorified, in my work, Lord, be glorified today.

No comments:

Post a Comment