Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Thoughts

It's Monday. Need I say much more to you? for some, Monday is a day of rejoicing while others mourn the fact that Monday is upon them. I don't know which type of person you are but here are some random thoughts for the day.

I began reading Psalm 119 in the Hebrew today. All I can say is that if you have never read Psalm 119 in the Hebrew, you are missing something. It is amazing. And to be honest with you, it is entirely overwhelming. Perhaps I shouldn't have started it on a Monday. But after talking about Psalm 119 in the Metro Central LWML Spring Rally on Saturday, I felt drawn to it. It amazes me. Enough said.

Work on the readings for the next class I am taking this summer has begun to progress very well. There is much reading to do. Yesterday was helpful. We went to see Matt up in Bloomington and Penny drove. This gave me 2 hours each way to do some reading. That was helpful. The readings have challenged me and expanded my thinking - for good I hope.

The National Lutheran School Accreditation site visit was last Thursday and Friday. It went well. They spent 2 days in our school, reading our reports (which Mrs. Doyle, Ms. Craig and our teachers, staff, board members and others did a great job on), visiting classrooms, interviewing the teachers, talking with students and getting the feel of our school. The initial findings were positive. They are recommending to the SID committee that we get accredited. Then it must go to the LC-MS national board which makes the final decision. We should have our status updated by July. We have a great school. Rejoice!

I really enjoyed worship this last weekend. I enjoy worship every week but for some reason this weekend sticks in my mind. If you were to ask me last Monday, I would probably say the same. I love worship. I enjoy leading worship. I thrill at the opportunity to preach. I do not apologize for the length of the sermons. God's Word is amazing and there is so much to say about it that will help each one of us grow in our walk of faith. I wonder how you can feed the soul of the person sitting in the pew in just 12 minutes. I guess you can. I find so much wonder in God's Word that I struggle with 15-18 minutes. I guess if everyone that comes to worship would come to Bible study as well, I wouldn't feel so strongly on the preaching. But that hour is the only time I have to bring the Word to the majority of the congregation. How can I take serious the command of Jesus to "Feed My sheep" if I don't feed them? My view, not yours. You might wish I would feed you much less. Sounds like what our children say about us when we try to make them eat their supper. Just saying.

I guess that is enough rambling for today. I could ramble on (for those who know me, you are probably shaking your head "yes"). Blessed day to you. May you walk in the way of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment