Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Thankfulness

Thankful. That summarizes how I feel right now. Thankful for what? It might seem difficult to be thankful bring laid up and unable to do things that I would like to do. But let me list some of the things I am thankful for right now.

Prayers - so many prayers from so many people. What a powerful feeling to be a part of the body of Christ and know that within that body, there are those who care enough to pray for me.

Pain medicine, doctors who know how to fix the broken body, nurses that care for you before and after surgery, a soft couch, a laptop, two dogs that really make me smile and show unconditional love, blankets, hot tea, family (oh how I am thankful for family who share their love, give their support and make me smile), stitches that hold you together, cell phones, Internet, sweatshirts, sweat pants, pillows, and the list can go on.

I am thankful for Penny. She puts up with my grumbling and hardheadedness. She loves me more than I deserve and takes care of me.

The Lord, who gives healing. Knowing I am in His hand. Knowing He is caring for the sheep of this pasture even while I am sitting here recovering. The love of Christ for me, giving Himself for me is truly the most amazing gift one could ever receive.

There is so much more I can be thankful for. I pray that the people of our nation would quite their bickering and bullying and learn to get along again. I don't care which side of the issue you find yourself, you do not have the right to bully others, make fun of them, call them names, etc. Teach your children how to act properly instead of like a spoiled child in a grocery store that doesn't get his/her way.

Thankful that I can write a blog. Thankful. O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good and His mercy endures forever. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Pastor, Thank You 😊 for sharing what you are Thankful for! It's a positive reminder!
    Personally I'm Thankful for Food 🥘, Clothing, Shelter, My close personal Friends, Extended Family, Family, My Faith!
    Thank You 😊 Pastor for reminding me what I have to be grateful for! It's so easy to forget especially at times when there's so much clouds ☁️ and fog in the way!

    ReplyDelete