Thursday, November 12, 2020

How things are going.

 It has been 5 weeks since I had a total knee replacement. Well, maybe it wasn't total because as I talked with one of the physical therapist, he said that it feels like I still have my original knee cap. So I guess that means I had an almost total knee replacement. I know, silly thinking. 

How has it gone? It has gone well. My bend is very good. The farthest I have bent in therapy is 129 degrees. That is amazing. I can remember when getting 90 degrees was amazing. I didn't think it would be possible but here it is. Have I been able to get it completely flat? I am almost there. I am working hard. I have only a degree or two to make it. But it is so tough. Getting the leg flat is challenging. And when Ed stretches my leg during therapy, working on the muscles and tendons, it gets painful. After he is done, it is very tough to even bend the leg. Stretched out, bending is tough. But it finally works.

There is something that is difficult - stairs. I am getting pretty good going up - foot over foot instead of one step at a time. The pain is getting less. Thanks be to God! What is much harder is going down - foot over foot. It is so much more difficult. Hard. Hurts. And is somewhat scary. Every other step, is tough. I grit my teeth and do it. I force myself to do it. But boy is it tough. That and standing up from a chair without using my hands or pushing off from anything - boy is that tough. Really tough. But I work at it. As you read this, stop at this moment, push back from your computer, and stand up, without touching anything. Just stand up. See how easy that was? It isn't that easy for me yet. The lower the seat, the harder it is. Sit down now, without touching anything. Don't plop down. Sit down slowly. That is what I am working on. It is not easy.

I give thanks to the Lord for the healing He is giving me. I give thanks to the Lord for the many ways that He gives healing to these bodies. Think about how amazing it is that cuts heal, colds go away and viruses (yes even Covid) get overcome by the body. Yes, I know, there have been many people who have passed away from Covid related illnesses. My heart breaks for those families. But I also give thanks to the Lord that over 99% of the people who have contracted Covid, have overcome it and their bodies have healed from it. Thanks be to God! 

So that is my update on how things are going. I have other things on my mind - perhaps the election. Amazed me that the same people who claimed there election fraud and the like 4 years ago will say that it isn't possible this year. Is there fraud in elections? Of course there is, on both sides of the aisle. What goes on? I don't know. If you or I could see it easily, then the powers that be are really messing up. They are much better at hiding things than you or me. They get better each year, each election. Do I accept the election of Biden as president? When all is said and done, once it has been certified, I will accept it. Will I like it? No. But that is my personal opinion. You might disagree with me, and that is all right. We can have differing points of view, different opinions about the election and the outcome, but we can accept that. Not everyone will always agree. Time will tell to see what kind of response comes from this thought. 

Anyway, life goes on. Will we be forced to wear masks? I hope not. I hope that it remains up to the individual to decide. I also hope that people quit mask shaming. If you chose to wear one for your safety and comfort, then do so. If you chose not to wear one because you don't feel the need for your safety, then don't wear one. Once again, don't attack me for this statement. Each of us have opinions on this. And each can run out "officials" who say one way or the other. 

Ok, that is all. I have rambled enough. I pray for you and for our country and our leaders. I pray for healing for the sick. I pray for peace among people. I pray for the Lord to heal our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment