Tuesday, September 21, 2021

A little rambling

All right, I have to face it. It doesn't seem like it could be possible, but it is. When I think about it, I am not sure how real it is, but then I look at the facts, and I know that it is true. I am now 60 years old. I have been alive for 60 years. That is amazing to me. I know that for those of you who have more years under your belt than that will say, "I would love to be 60 again." I had someone say the other day that they would love to go back and be 60 again. That is interesting. I know that when I look back at different ages, 20, 30, 40, or 50, I don't think I would want to go back and redo those years. Why? I would probably make more mistakes than I did originally. I would try to outsmart myself and cause myself more issues than I did when I was living those years. I look back at the things that were going on in those years, and I give thanks to God for the life that I had then. I rejoice that I have had the experiences that I have had to make it to this age. 

Sixty years is a lot of years. I look at that number and realize that it really is amazing. I look at the way the Lord has taken me through the years, and all of that has made me the person that I am today. I have been with Penny since I was 17. We started dating in high school. And now, here we are, 42 years later, still together, still in love, still wouldn't want to spend our lives with anyone else. I say "we" here because we both feel this way. She has been the love of my life, and when I say that, I really do mean it. Out of 60 years of life, she has been a part of it for 42 years, married to me for 37 years, putting up with me in the good times and bad times, in happy days and grumpy days. What a blessing it is that the Lord has given to me. She truly is my heart and my life. The only one that comes before her is my Lord Jesus Christ. And it is that love of Jesus that makes it possible for me to love her.

I look at it and realize how blessed I am to have two wonderful children, both of whom are in their realy 30s. They have been with me for half my life. That too is amazing. God has blessed me with two wonderful children, with two great in-law children. I am so blessed. I don't know what I have done to be so blessed. And then I realize, it has nothing to do with what I have done. They are blessings given by my Lord Jesus Christ without any merit on my part. 

So here I sit, thinking about having been alive for 60 years. I look back upon those years. I reflect on the blessings that the Lord has given to me. I rejoice at the way He has watched over me in more ways than I could every have asked. I thank the Lord for what He has done for me. I praise His name as I find myself with knew knees, new vision, and the same body. I look at life and know that the Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord, for giving me the things I need, the sun and the rain and the 60 years! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment