Friday, December 31, 2021

The year ends

 2021 is coming to a close. Looking back on the year, it would be easy to focus on the craziness known as covid. After all, there was so much that took place this year because of it. Vaccines, masks, variants, and a whole host of other things. I think about it and I think about how scared people are because of it. Will I get sick? What will happen to me? Eek! 

For me, I have not been living in fear of covid. Will I get it? Yes, I did back in January. It pushed back my 2nd knee surgery. I believe that everyone will at one time or another get covid. But it does not scare me. I trust the Lord to get me through. "But you might get put on a ventilator!" Yes, I might. But I am not going to live in fear of it. Instead, I am going to make the most of each day. I am going to live in the grace and mercy of God. 

So 2021 had many things with covid. There were many other things that took place. I had knee replacement surgery. It was challenging. Painful? Yep. Worth it? Yep. I am thankful that I had the surgeries to get myself up and going again. I am thankful for the Lord guiding me through it.

I am thankful for the year that I had to lead the people of of St. John, Clarinda, IA in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am glad that I could teach Bible class, lead worship, distribute the Sacrament, show the love of Christ, praying with folks, celebrating with people, working with Penny at Noah's Ark, sharing the love of Christ with the children, the staff and the families. I rejoice that I have been brought here. 

I am able to praise the name of the Lord for many different things. O Lord, You are wonderful. You are holy and loving and You have reached out to me with the wonderful gift of grace and mercy. 

In this year, I finished with the Doctor of Ministry program, completing my Major Applied Project (MAP) and defending it in the oral exam and then knowing that I am totally done with the program. I began in 2012 and finished in 2021. Thank You Lord!!!

I am thankful for my family, for Penny, my loving wife who puts up with me day after day and still loves and cares for me, for my kids, Rachael, Brandon, Matthew and Chelsey, whom I do not see as often as I would like, but who are special and I love greatly, for my mother-in-law Shirley Rex who we moved to Clarinda this year in September, and I am glad that we are able to help her and take care of her as she is going to be 92 this January. I have so much to be thankful for in my life.

Thank You Lord. I praise Your name. I rejoice that I am Your child. 

Please Lord, be with me in 2022. Whatever it brings, I trust You and will follow You. 

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment