Monday, January 3, 2022

Ramblings on a Monday morning

 So, how has your new year begun? 2022 is now on its 3rd day. The first day of the year is the day when most people will just lounge around and do as little as possible. For us, here in southwest Iowa, we had a bitterly cold day with snow and wind. So it made it easy to stay inside. We did not have worship at St. John in Clarinda that day. Why? Well, we normally have a Saturday evening service, but since it was New Year's day, we decided most people would not be out for worship, so we had not planned to have it on Jan. 1st. Turned out for the good, because the weather would not have been good to have folks get out for worship. We probably would have cancelled the service anyway. Penny and I stayed in on New Year's day. At least for most of the day. We did venture out in the afternoon just to see what the weather was like. Windy, snowy but the roads were not too bad. The road crews were doing a good job.

Did you take down your Christmas decorations yet? We did that on Friday. Why? We normally like to keep them up for the full 12 days of Christmas, meaning till Epiphany on January 6. The problem with waiting was the fact that was in the middle of the week and both of us had plenty to do that day. We would not have had time to get it down on Wednesday. So we did it Friday. I did leave up my nativity and star, for the wise men to find the Baby Jesus. I am thankful I took all that down all my outside lights and decorations when it was "warm." 

We have begun a new puzzle for the year. Once the decorations are down, we begin working on puzzles. I forgot how much I enjoyed doing that with Penny. Gives us the opportunity to spend time together doing something. Such a fun time.

Anyway, how has this year gone for the first days? I am finding that 2022 is a good year so far. I know, it is early, but it has been good. Last year at this time, I was waiting to have my 2nd knee replacement. I was tested for covid on Monday and the surgery was to be on Thursday. Because of the outcome of the test, the surgery was put off till February. I am thankful that at this time, neither of us have any medical issues to face in 2022. I give thanks to God for that wonderful blessing. I pray that we continue to stay healthy.

I guess that is the ramblings for the day. I pray that your year continues to be a blessed year. What does this year bring? Only the Lord knows. Trusting in Him, I am going forward into 2022, facing it with confidence and hope. May you have the same confidence and hope found in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment