Monday, January 17, 2022

Winter ramblings

 Winter weather. Snow, wind, cold. It is a part of this time of the year. Friday started with rain, changed to snow and then became cold. Brrr. That is typical of winter. Then the sun comes out and it feels so nice. Some folks are facing a major winter storm right now. Out on the east coast, the snow is coming down. There are some areas that are going to get nearly 2 feet of snow. That is a lot of snow. I pray that they are kept safe during this winter storm named Izzy. I think that is the storm's name. If I am wrong, so be it.

I like winter. I don't like the cold. How is that for a real contrast? I guess the cold has gotten to me more as I have aged. The last 10 years the cold has seemed to affect me more. Perhaps it was because of going through all the heart issues and the medications I was on, or perhaps it was because I was just getting older. Who knows. 

Having said that, bring on the snow. Penny and I really enjoy it when it snows. We like to watch it, walk in it, and enjoy it. I know that it makes life difficult for some. And I get that. For those who have livestock, it is tough. For those who have to drive in the weather, it is hard. I understand. But I still like it.

There are those who are adamantly opposed to snow. OK. That is your feeling. Good for you. That doesn't change the fact that we like snow. I don't like the brutal heat that makes it difficult to go about doing things. But some like that. Good for you. Each one of us can live where we like, enjoy the weather that we like, and make the best of what we have. We will continue to love the snow, the need for boots, gloves, scarves, hats and coats. We will sit in front of the fireplace with a cup of hot tea, and enjoy it. This is the time when we will build puzzles, go for drives and marvel at the wonder of winter. Thank You Lord for this time of the year. 

And yes, when it gets to be March, I will be ready for spring. I love the seasons. They continue to roll around at just the right time. The Lord did wonders when He created the world with all the seasons. I am glad that I live where I can enjoy all 4 seasons. Thanks Lord.

With that, my rambling for the morning is over. Have a blesse day.

No comments:

Post a Comment