Monday, August 23, 2010

August is moving fast

Summer is over. Thank God! I know that we don't really want summer to be over because it means that fall is upon us with winter hard on it's heals. But the fact is, I am tired of the heat. And as long as it is August, it can be hot. Last week we had triple digit temps. Hot! Hot! Hot! It was good at first - I actually like the heat. I enjoyed it. I loved being able to go outside and feel the heat overwhelm me. I know it sounds weird, but that was true summer weather. And I was ready for it.

But now - I am ready for it to be over. I am ready for the cooler nights, sleeping with the windows open, enjoying the fresh air and the sound of the bugs making their late summer sounds. I love that. I am ready for it. I look forward to the days being cooler - in the 80's. I am ready to (gasp) begin to wear my ties to office, classroom and calls. It is just part of who I am.

Am I ready for winter? Not now. I am not ready for cold weather. But I am ready for the blue skies, the beautiful colors of the trees, the smell of fall, etc. I just am starting to look forward to that.

That means that August needs to move fast. It needs to be over. September, I am waiting for you. I am longing for you. You have been a good month August. But it is time to say good bye and move on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment