Sunday, January 24, 2021

Sunday morning ramblings.

 I just received the update from Page County about a Winter Storm warning for Monday. That means that there is a very good chance that we will get 6-12 inches of snow. I know that some of you will rejoice. Others will moan. Still others will be upset. Everyone has a different perspective on winter time. Some enjoy it. Some don't. And that is all right. That is the way it works. Every has differing perspectives on such things. Personally, I greatly enjoy snow. No, I don't like getitng stuck in snow. I don't like having to shovel snow. But at the same time, I do really enjoy snow. I like to play in the snow with my dogs. But if I had to drive any distance while it is snowing, I would not be so happy. Those with snow plowing companies are probably looking forward to the extra work. Those who have to pay the snow plowing companies might not be looking forward to it. Just the way it works. 

Penny and I spent the last couple weeks stuck in the house, not because of the weather but because we were told that we had to. While we don't like to be told to stay home, we did as we were told. We actually enjoyed the time together. We both felt good, no sickness at all. So we did puzzles. We sat in front of the fireplace. We watched the snow blow on Friday (15). We were able to do work via the internet and phone. I know that last week I spent each day in zoom meetings with the LWML as the Board of Directors and President's Assembly were not able to go to Lexington, KY to meet in person. On breaks and each evening, I enjoyed being in my house, talking with Penny, playing with the dogs, and eating home cooked meals. Penny baked a variety of things. It was nice to have fresh homemade peanut butter cookes during the meetings. Yum. Thanks Penny.

I would not want to be stuck in the house all the time. When our time was over, we enjoyed getting out and about, being around people. I enjoyed leading worship on Saturday night (and look forward to leading worship and Bible study this morning, Sunday). We only missed one weekend, but it sure seemed like it was much more than that. I don't think I could handle missing worship week after week. Worship fills my soul, feeds my faith and encourages my life. It is so valuable to my life. Worship might only happen once a week, but it reaches into each day during the following week. What a blessing it is! I hope and pray that you take advantage of your opportunity to worship each week. 

So what does this week bring? I don't know. I do know this: God will be with me throughout this coming week. He will watch over me. He will strengthen me. He will help me as I face temptation. Thank You, dear Lord for all that You in my life and in the lives of all who follow You. Lord, I praise Your name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment