Monday, March 7, 2022

Thoughts on Monday morning

 Well, that is not what we want. The snow, I mean. Friday was so nice. Sunshine, warm temps. When you get into the 60s, pushing 70s, you think spring. Saturday was a bit rainy. Was nice to have the rain. When it wasn't raining, it was a nice day. Walking around the yard, I saw flowers starting to push through the ground. Tulips and daffodils. 

Then comes the colder wearther. 30s aren't really that bad, but after 60s, they are cold. When it went from 69 to 29, the body shivers. Now there is snow. Really? Snow? March 7th. I know it is still winter. I know folks will say, "That is Iowa." The reality is, that is the midwest, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. I don't know about Michigan or Indiana. But the weather in the midwest can go from spring to summer to spring again in a 24 hour period. It can be beautiful in the morning and terrible in the evening. 

But I really was ready for winter to be done. I wanted this weather through December, January and February. Here in March, I am ready for spring. But then again, any moisture that we get is good. I am thankful for the snow, because it is moisture that the ground needs. It sounds like more snow on Thursday. Let it snow. It will be gone soon. Today's snow, about 2 inches, will be gone by tomorrow. It is clearing off, the sun will be shining, so the snow will begin to melt off. Even if we get 4-6 inches on Thursday, it will be gone by the weekend. That is the way snow in March and April is. You can get 12 inches and it will be gone within a day or two. 

So what do I think? I thank God for the moisture. I thank God for caring for the planet. I thank God for another day in which I can live in His grace and mercy. 

As Lent has begun, I continue to work on "The Cry of the Heart" for Wednesday evenings. Sundays help us to see what Jesus does for us in His Passion. Praise be to God for the gift on His Son who is our Savior. I will see you at worship, either Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment