Tuesday, December 29, 2020

New Snow, Old Year, rambling

 On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a snowstorm. Well, I guess it is a snowstorm. We received 5-4 inches of snow, freezing rain but very little wind. It isn't extremely cold out, in the mid 20s, which isn't all that bad without any wind. Penny and I enjoy snow. It was a beautiful thing to behold. I must say that I appreciate all those city workers and street workers who have been working non-stop today keeping the road open. They are amazing people. We often like to complain about city workers, but on days like this, we give thanks for them. They are a good group of people. If you haven't said so lately, take time to let them know that you appreciate them.

Watching it snow this morning we did have to get out. I had joint camp this morning. Went to get ready for the next knee replacement which will be January 14, 2021. Looking forward to it. Will be good to have that knee working right.

It is ravioli day. That means that Penny and I spent the afternoon making them. Penny makes the dough, gets it ready, then we both add the filling. Then they are put together, pressed and laid out to dry. We made 17 dozen today, meaning we made 204 ravioli. 


All those ravioli are now in the freezer. When they are good and frozen, we will take them from the trays, put them in bags and enjoy them throughout the year. Penny's folks used to do this after Christmas. We have taken over for them. It is our tradition to make them. We usually make them the day after Christmas but not this year. Why? We couldn't find the ricotta cheese. We looked at both stores here in Clarinda. Went to Shenadoah, looked in a couple stores. On Sunday we went to Maryville. MO and looked down there. Everyone was sold out. Really? Ricotta cheese, sold out. What was there? A covid run on cheese now? That was just weird. We finally found some in Bellevue, NE. Talk about craziness. Anyway, with the snow today, it was a great time to make them. Penny then made homemade baked manicotti for supper. Yum! Talk about a good day.

The fifth day of Christmas, 5 golden rings. The five books of Moses, the Pentateuch. Yes, these books are precious gifts given by our Lord to us. Thank the Lord for these wonderful books. We thank Him for the 4 calling birds - the 4 gospels, calling us to see Christ as our Savior. Three French hens, faith, hope and love, calling us to live in our lives as children of God. Two turtle doves...

Sitting in front of the fire, I find peace. Peace in knowing that God sent His only-begotten Son to be my Savior. That He has given me a loving wife whom I care for deeply. I would do anything for her. Next to my faith in my Savior, she is the best gift I have received. 

The year is coming to a close. I look forward to proclaiming the Gospel again as we bring the year to a close and then again in the new year. I hope you will make time for the Word of God in your life throughout this new year. God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment