Wednesday, February 23, 2022

More thoughts as I sit looking at the cold outdoors

 Boy is it cold outside. I know it is still February, but it is really cold! As I was letting the dogs back inside this morning, I told them (yes, I talk to my dogs like they can understand what I am saying) that I think that this might be our last big blast of bitter cold air. We will have cold air, but then again, when it gets into the 50s regularly in March, the 30s and even 20s will feel mighty cold. It all depends on what you have as an average temp as to what is cold. What is crazy is that Monday, it was 63 degrees. We opend a few windows to let fresh air in the house. Only to have to shut them again because of how the cold came rushing back in. Yesterday morning was a surprise (Tuesday) when there was a glaze of ice on everything. Was not expecting that. Perhaps snow tomorrow. We will see. 

Pray for the folks in Ukraine. The invasion has begun. It has not been intense (I can say that from the middle of the USA where I am not really facing the military might) but I still cannot imagine what they must be going through. Will a tank roll down the streets of the towns on the border? It blows my mind to think that might happen to some of those towns in Ukraine. As terrible as it is in some of the cities around our country with the shootings that take place regularly, the sound of gunfire in neighborhoos, I imagine it is much worse when it is not small arms fire but military weapon fire (rifles, cannons, tanks). So lift up all the folks in prayer. Ask the Lord to protect the people of Ukraine. Also ask the Lord to protect the soldiers on both sides. They are doing what they are told by their leaders. Pray that the leaders of all the nations will realize the disaster that this brings on so many levels, and will back down and find a better way to act.

Puzzling. Shift thinking. We are doing the winter time activity for our house - puzzles. They are a fun diversion. There is not really much to watch on TV, we don't have Hulu or Netflix, or whatever other folks have. Some puzzles are more challenging than others. They really make you think, to train your eyes, to think about the picture and how it might go together. You have to be careful you don't put a piece in the wrong place, because it will make it harder, if not impossible to complete. So it is in life. If you put the wrong piece in your life, life gets harder. Here is where I encourage you to listen to the Word of the Lord, to follow His guidance in your life, and see how He helps you put your life together, from when you are young till your are in the last days of your life. Each piece in your life is important. Keep that focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment