Monday, February 28, 2022

A new week begins.

Monday has rolled around again. It seems like it happens every week at the same time. Sunday starts the week. Bible study and worship set the stage for the rest of the week. I am reminded again and again that the Lord is guiding me through all that I will face throughout the week. That message encourages me and helps me as I face whatever happens. I praise the name of my Lord Jesus Christ for His love, for the reality that He faced the fullness of the Law on my behalf, paying the price of my sins, and then giving to me forgiveness, strength for living each day of my life and the wonderful sure and certain hope of life eternal on that day when I breathe my last. 

So Monday has rolled around. As I start this week, I do so with confidence. That is confidence that helps me no matter the situation. Health or sickness, easy living or difficult situations, the Lord is with me. Wow! I want you to know this: That message is for you too. Believing in Jesus gives you strength to face whatever you are going through this week. Be certain that the Lord will guide you today.

I pray for the folks in Ukraine. Watching the rocket blasts in one of the cities, makes me cringe. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be in that situation. I know that several generations ago, people were living through this kind of disaster and destruction. Who would have thought that in the 21st century this would be taking place? Once again, I want to take you back to what I said above - the Lord is with the people of Ukraine. He will protect them and help them through this. Does that mean that no one will be hurt? No. Does it mean there will be no destruction? No. As sad as it is, those things happen in a fallen, sinful world that does not follow the will of God. We see the Russians acting in a way that is not in accord with the will of God. This kind of destruction and harm is not in accord with the way the Lord would have folks act. Sin does that. It leads to hurt, harm and death. 

Lord, have mercy. Lord give strength. Lord give protection. Lord, please, I pray for the Ukrainians, lifting them up to You, asking You to help them. In Jesus' name, 


No comments:

Post a Comment