Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Tuesday morning ramblings.

 Winter continues on, as we find ourselves midway through the month of February. But it sure hasn't felt like winter. Yes, we have had some cold day and even colder nights. But we have also have relatively warm days and warm nights. There has not been too much moisture this winter. We had a couple of snows, but not really that much. Snow did hang on for a while on the north side of buildings, and hillsides while the south side of buildings and hills have been snow free for quite some time. Winter - it has not been what winter tends to be. 

I have really enjoyed the sunshine. It feels so good to walk outside in the sun, to see the blue skies, to start hearing the birds singing in the trees. Yesterday a flock of about a dozen robins zoomed through the yard, chattering away, and landing in the neighbors pine trees. I was amazed. I wondered what they were talking about and what made them zoom through the yard like they did. I figure it must have been all the sunshine and blue skies that made them act the way they did. 

One of our members saw a bunch of eagles in trees. When I talk about a bunch, I mean, a BUNCH! One pitcure that she took had 30 eagles in the picture (I counted them). They were young and old. I have to admit that I was envious. We have looked for eagles all through this last week and had very little luck seeing them. I looked at those pictures and wished...if only. She had let me know where they were, whih was over by Nebraska City, NE and Percival, IA. I thought about it for a moment. 

Then I stopped and realized it was not to be. Why? First and foremost, I was taking Penny out to dinner for Valentine's Day. We were looking forward to a good meal together on a special day. We began dating on February 16, 1979 at a Valentine's Day dance at high school. Who would have thought that on that night many years ago, we would be together, having raised a family, and served various congregations around the country. I have been blessed to have Penny in my life. She is such a blessing to me. I thank God for bringing us together. I remember being at that dance and nervously asking her if she wanted to start dating. I was so afraid she would say no. But she said yes. We were just kids. Really, we were kids. I was 17 and she was 14. Can you imagine? And yet, here we are. Wow! Thanks Penny, for the wonderful life we have shared together. Love you!

Back to the eagles. We could have eaten later but we had a Board of Education meeting at church, so we had to eat early enough to be done before the meeting. So, with those things in mind, I was envious of the member for having such an opportunity to see so many eagles. I am beginnning to wonder if they are starting to think about going north. I did see that Canada was still a frozen tundra, so maybe they will be around for a while longer and Penny and I will get the chance to watch them. I love taking pictures of them. Always searching for the perfect picture. 


This is one we happened to see a few weeks ago. The intensity in the eagles eyes is something to behold. They are majestic creatures that God created. His desire to create such wonderful birds, wow. What an amazing God that made us. He is the Creater and Preserver. He makes all. He preserves all. Praise be to God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment