Monday, February 7, 2022

New day, new week, new ramblings

Monday morning. Here it is. What does that mean for you? Depending on your life, it means different things. For kids, it means heading back to school. For some adults, they head back to work. For those who are retired, it means...I don't know. When I talk with some retired folks, they say how busy they are. I was going to say that they get to get up and enjoy a cup of coffee without having to hurry around and get going. But maybe that isn't the truth. Anyway, for others, it is another day of treatments. Still for others...think about it. What does Monday mean for you? 

We are on the 7th day of February. I am beginning to think that maybe winter weather is over. February is getting warmer. The birds are starting to sing in the mornings again. I hope that I am proved wrong. I would like one really good snowstorm. I know that there were some folks across the country that had a snowstorm last week - through Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and other states. Good for them. I was hoping (and praying, though the Lord said "no" to my prayer) that the storm would shift a little further north and we would get some of the snow. But alas, it was not meant to be. Watch, when we get to March or April, we will hae big, wet snows. I would rather get the snow in January and February rather than March and April, when it is supposed to be spring. 

WOW! Wings are really expensive. They are talking about some places charging $2 per pound for wings for Super Bowl. We tried to get wings from Pizza Hut and they were charging $10 for 6 wings. Guess what, we did not order them. That is too high. Those chickens needs to start growing more wings. Move closer to the nuclear plants and maybe they would grow 4 wings instead of 2. True, they might glow at night, but we would have wings.

Speaking of the Super Bowl, are you going to watch this next Sunday? I doubt if we do. I have no pony in the race. I reckon those folks who are into football will watch it. I believe the Rams are playing in it. I am not sure who the other team is. I do know it was not Kansas City, which disappointed many folks around here. 

What is your relationship with Jesus? I entreat you that you would continue to hold fast to the name of Jesus Christ. You never know when your last day will be. Don't wait, thinking you will have time to turn from a life without Christ, to one with Him. You never know. Hold fast to the One who suffered, died and rose again for you and all people. Share that message of the gospel with others. Encourage, lift up and help one another. 

All right. Have yourself a great week. Enjoy each day. Thank the Lord for the many blessing He gives to you. And love one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment