Monday, October 5, 2020

Just wandering through the morning

Cool, crisp air. The wind is beginning to pick up. The sky is clear. The bright moon shines overhead, having just passed being full a couple days ago. Listening to the rustling leaves as the wind blows through the trees. The sky is just beginning to brighten on the eastern horizon as the sun begins to rise. Yes, it is a typical fall morning. I give thanks to God for this day.

What a weekend it was. Why? Not because anything strange went on in our lives, but because the President went to the hospital, having contracted Covid. Prayers for him and the first lady. I don't wish covid on anyone. Listening to the news over the weekend, it was amazing to hear all the different points of view on what is going on in his life. Everyone seemed to know what was taking place, even though it was all over the place. There are those who were supportive and those who were not. There were those who were praying for him and those who refused. Like I say, all over the board. 

Me, I lifted them up in prayer, asking the Lord to bring them healing. In the same way I lift up everyone who is ill, whether it is with covid or with any other illness. It doesn't matter who they are - I lift them up in prayer. It doesn't matter if I agree with someone's political stance or not, I pray for them. I pray for folks, asking the Lord to bring health and healing to them. I would hope that this would be the way that all folks act. 

I look forward to the colors of the trees, as they have begun to change. As Penny and I drove around yesterday, we saw more yellows, a little bit of reds and mostly the dusty greens of trees that are preparing to change. Over the next couple of weeks, there will be some great colors. We love to see the colors. Makes fall a special time of the year. Actually, fall is probably my favorite season of the year. Yes, I like summer with the hot, sunny, humid weather. I rejoice in spring with the new life coming out and the hints of warmth in the air. I do like winter with the cold, snow and gray days (though I don't like the cold as much as I did when I was younger, just ask Penny how much I complain about the cold). But fall, what a wonderful time of the year. 

Going to be a a good week, a challenging week, a week of changes and a week of struggles. I pray that the Lord will be with you as you go through this week. Celebrate the wonder of what this week will bring to you. I do know that the Lord will be with you in whatever takes place. Yes, thank You Lord for being with each of us and watching over all of us. 

Have a great day! And an even better week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment