Saturday, July 25, 2009

Something lighter

I look at the pictures and go back. I am talking about our train trip in June. It was great. We are getting the pictures back.(Yes, I still use film. I know, I know, I should go digital. But I really like film. It gives you an original. Digital gives you, well, not an original. And I know that you will tell me how beautiful the images are on digital. I am glad. And one day I will go digital. Until then, my Canon Rebel gives me some great shots.) The mountains, the valleys, the rivers, the cities, the trains, and all the views are something I really enjoyed. I looked back on them and think that the trip was amazing. I enjoyed the relaxing, the sitting and being with Penny, the views, the people we met, the food we ate and the times we had. It was great.

I would do it again. Really. I would. I would hop a train today if I could. I would go wherever it was going. I enjoyed it that much. Would I do it alone? Probably not. It wouldn't be as much fun. Matt and I took the train to Chicago one summer, just for the day, just to do train watching around downtown Chicago, and we had a blast. I would like to do that again. Would it have been as much fun without him? No way. It is something I want to share with someone else that enjoys it. Matt does, so it was great. Penny does, so it was wonderful. It has been years since I shared a train trip with Rachael (we all went on the Capitol Limited to DC.).

So, maybe one day, I will take someone with me, tickets in pocket and will board the train to who knows where. But we will have fun. We will see the sights. And we will enjoy the relaxing travel of a day gone by and a day of today - train travel, it's not just for your grandparents anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment