Monday, March 2, 2020

Monday morning

Before the sun rises, the Lord is watching over you. While you were sleeping, the Lord was watching over you. In all that is going on in this world today, the Lord is still in control. That might help you when you hear about the coronavirus. It might encourage you as you look at what is taking place in the world today. The reason I say "might" is that there is always that temptation to think that things are going on and the Lord has no control. Satan would love for you to think that the Lord can't help with the virus that is sweeping across the globe. Satan would also like you to think that you are on your own today.

But you are not! You are not. The Lord is still in control. He is with you. He is watching over you. "for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we can confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?'" (Hebrews 13:5b-6 ESV) He also says, "I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20b ESV) Yes, He is with you. Don't listen to those who are trying to make you think otherwise.

This is important to me today. I say that because this is the day I go to have a cataract taken off my right eye. When I sing, "Open the eyes..." I am meaning that literally. Open my eyes so I can see again. The Lord has already opened the eyes of my heart and I pray today that He will be with the doctor as He operates on my eye. I know, many people have had this surgery. It is a "simple" surgery today. But at the same time, it is still a surgery. And so I pray:

Lord, be with me. Guide the hands of Dr. Mizener as he operates on my eye. Give him the wisdom and ability that he needs today. Be with me as I recover from this surgery. I am Your child and I trust in You. Thank You for loving me and holding me in Your hand. Amen.

Now it it time for Penny to take me to the hospital. I pray: Lord, be with Penny today. She is such a loving and caring wife. She takes care of me and loves me. Be with her as she waits. She also holds to Your promise. Amen.

OK. That is it. Here we go! I will see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment