Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sunday morning

It is Sunday morning and things are different. I am preparing, with the help of Penny, to lead a Bible study online. We are going to do a Facebook live Bible study this morning. It will be at the regular time - 9:00 a.m. Then the service will be broadcast. It was recorded last night before a packed house of 7 people.

We are going to try a live stream on Wednesday evening, at 6:00 p.m. instead of having service at 5:30 p.m. Why? So that we keep under the 10 people number for grouping. It was suggested that maybe we do several services, each with only 10 people, so folks could have that time of worship. While I would like to do something like that, because worship does entail joining with the fellow believers, to lift up and support each other, we are told that we should not be doing that.

I know that I had said that I would offer worship despite the mandate to not gather. Why did I change? It is the right thing to do. I will leave it at that. May the Lord continue to guide me as I try my best to lead St. John through this time of pandemic. I have never pastored through a time like this before. I am working to figure out the best way to lead the congregation. Sometimes I make the right decision. Sometimes I make the wrong decision.

What my prayer is for our congregation is that we will support one anther no matter what takes place. If something is said wrong, we confess that to each other. Then we forgive each other. What I am saying is that we act like Christians, the children of God. We act like the Lord would have us act. We show love and kindness to each other.

As times get tough, people will say things, because of the stress that they are going through. People will do things that they would not normally do (like buying up everything in the store, even if they don't need it). Tension, change, disruption and uncertainty cause people to act and do things that they might not normally do. This calls for understanding and support for each other. It calls for us to ask the Lord to help us with our family relationships, congregational relationships, and community relationships. We need to understand each other and support each other. Now is the time for the good the Spirit has placed in our lives starts to come out and guide us.

I will continue to try to post and support throughout this crisis. I am asking the Lord to keep me focused and lead me to help you. I encourage you to continue pray, to read your Bible, and to continue to grow in Your faith. This is a time for each of us to remain focused on living in Christ Jesus in all that we do.

May the Lord continue to bless and strengthen you. Remember that He loves and cares for you in all that you are going through.

All right, let's start this day. Lord, guide me! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment