Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Tuesday thoughts

Lent began a week ago on Wednesday. The season has already gone one week with today. And I ask myself, "What difference have these days made in my spiritual life?" Isn't that the real question that needs to be asked?If this first week in Lent has not made a difference in your walk of faith, then what does it mean for you?

Yes, I have reflected upon my life, my need for a Savior. I am a sinner. I have sinned in thought, word and deed. I need the Lord to strengthen me in my walk. I cannot imagine what it must have been like for Jesus as He was in the wilderness for those 40 days, facing the temptations of Satan. Satan was doing his worst to get Jesus to sin. He was tempting Him in ways that I cannot even imagine. Especially when I think about how easily I give in to the simplest temptations. That just reminds me of how wonderful it is that my Lord died upon the cross for me, to pay the price that I am unable to pay.

Tuesday morning - sunshine. Bright, beautiful sunshine. Yesterday I has cataract surgery. Folks told me how things would look differently. I wondered if that was possible. After all, I was sure that I saw things clearly, at least fairly clearly. Then today, I look through that one eye, without my glasses, and I am amazed. I see how bright things are. I see the wonder of the colors. Sunrise today was quite colorful. The blues, the oranges, the reds, are bright.

And seeing things clearly at a distance. I haven't had that without wearing glasses for just about all my life. And now, I can see. I can't believe it. I think about the times that Jesus healed people that were blind. Think about how amazing that would be to go from not being able to see to being able to see. It must have been something. And to do that without having to do surgery! Here the doctors are working on me, it takes time to do, time heal, time to get things all together to be able to see. Eye drops, sun glasses, new glasses to see close up to read and all that. For those Jesus healed, there was none of that. Wow! Gives me new insight when I read those sections of Scripture.

So what is your Tuesday going to be like? Are you ready to move into the 2nd week of Lent? May the Lord continue to bless and lead you.

No comments:

Post a Comment